Re: [RFS] golang-google-grpc (new version)

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 1:39 AM Nilesh Patra <nilesh@nileshpatra.info> wrote:

> a) It might need a major overhaul to get to unstable, creating more work (and we are pretty close to a release too)

The whole mess caused by
golang-google-{cloud,api,grpc,protobuf,genproto}-dev will be headaches
at the beginning of Bookworm, mainly due to the protobuf v2 and some
packages are not compatible with them.

And the good (or bad) thing is that Go packages have autopkgtest,
which will make packages stuck in testing migration. Packages in
experimetal also have autopkgtest results:
https://release.debian.org/britney/pseudo-excuses-experimental.html

At least the new version of golang-google-genproto has regression now,
which I believe is that the new version has pb.go files which are
generated by protobuf v2.

However we do need to move forward with the new versions after the
release of Bullseye.

--
Shengjing Zhu