Re: [RFS] golang-github-google-cel-go

Hi Peymaneh,

On 8/3/21 6:18 PM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

> This is a build dependency of caddy:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-google-cel-go

IMO, excluding bin/ in d/gbp.conf is not right here. Rather, it should be properly "repacked"
the d/gbp.conf is better to use in cases when you want to say filter out .git* files, or travis ci file, or for cases in antlr4

Here, in such a case, we should essentially and explicitly declare pre-compiled binary removals, so excluding it via d/copyright is the way to go.

Also, note that d/gbp.conf will only filter out things in gbp-import, the orig tarball content will still be same and hence I still get this pedantic lintian warn "source-contains-prebuilt-java-object bin/antlr-4.7-complete.jar"

If you agree, please fix it the right way.

> One note:
> Lintian complains that the built binary references its build path (file-references-package-build-path). which might make the binary not reproducible. I tried playing around with the buildflags and could not find a fix for this, but IMO also not a blocker for
Interestingly, I do not get this message (with pedantic, info etc enabled) :)