Re: [RFS] golang-github-smallstep-truststore

Am 11.06.21 um 16:16 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
Hi,

On 6/11/21 7:36 PM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

Hi Nilesh,

Am 11.06.21 um 14:52 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-smallstep-truststore

Reviews welcome :)

* It looks like this package installs a binary in /usr/bin/truststore
Are the .go files even needed?
i.e. is this a application package or an application + library package?

In both the cases, your changes need improvement.

- If it is a program + lib package (on my reading this does not seem to
    be the case though) - just check if the target package depending upon
    it is trying to use the binary or the library too

    In such a case, the binary needs to be installed into a separate
    "binary" arch:any package, and the source in a arch:all package, see
    this[3] as an example (inspect the d/control and d/*.install files)

    Let me know what exactly is intended to be installed, and in if
    renaming is needed, I'll remove the current repo from salsa and you
    push on a new one.

Thanks for looking into it. I assumed this would be handled as a prog+lib package (which is what I handed over to dh-make-golang), but it grep'ed through the caddy source code and it seems caddy only imports one of the source files.

I have excluded the binary with
export DH_GOLANG_EXCLUDES := cmd/truststore
since the sourcecode in cmd/truststore/main.go is not needed either for caddy nor for dh_auto_test. Also deleted the manpage and changed arch to "all".

I pushed my changes to salsa. I understand that a seperate binary package would then not be needed then?

I think it is better if you also vendor the binary with a separate binary package. If say caddy or some other golang package in near future starts using the binary,
then we will have to loop through NEW again (un-necessarily)
There's just a few changes needed, and maintaining it should be cheap. What say?

Alright, gonna look into that :)

Peymaneh