Re: [RFS] golang-github-smallstep-truststore

Hi Peymaneh,

On 11/06/21 10:24 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have pushed my initial packaging of github.com/smallstep/truststore
>  to salsa:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-smallstep-truststore
>
> Reviews welcome :)

* It looks like this package installs a binary in /usr/bin/truststore
Are the .go files even needed?
i.e. is this a application package or an application + library package?

In both the cases, your changes need improvement.

- If it is a program-only (application) package, then the .go files need
  not be installed. You should run dh_auto_install with --no-source
  see an example here[1]

  The source package also needs renaming, see the naming policy here[2]
  Ideally you should have let:

  "$ dh-make-golang -type prog github.com/smallstep/truststore"

  to do its thing. I suggest naming the source package as
  "golang-truststore"

- If it is a program + lib package (on my reading this does not seem to
  be the case though) - just check if the target package depending upon
  it is trying to use the binary or the library too

  In such a case, the binary needs to be installed into a separate
  "binary" arch:any package, and the source in a arch:all package, see
  this[3] as an example (inspect the d/control and d/*.install files)

  Let me know what exactly is intended to be installed, and in if
  renaming is needed, I'll remove the current repo from salsa and you
  push on a new one.

* Can you add autopkgtests for the truststore binary?
* Do you think maintaining manpage via createmanpages script[4] would be a
  good idea?

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/vcfanno/-/blob/master/debian/rules
[2]: https://go-team.pages.debian.net/packaging.html#_naming_conventions
[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-xo-terminfo