Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hi Faust,

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:37:57PM +0100, Faustin Lammler wrote:
> Hi!
> I am making progress in building shfmt.
>
> @Aloïs, as discussed on IRC, I have informed Anthony about [1].
> Could you please take a moment to sponsor the upload if everything looks
> good to you? Ratt did not complain.

I hope you do not mind me responding instead of Alois.
Since ratt is happy, I sponsored you an upload to unstable.

Gentle note: When doing uploads in a team maintained package that you are a part of, the
changelog entry should be "Team Upload" instead of "Non-maintainer upload"
also, the version scheming for NMU is different than a simple increment in versions, you could
find more details in the debian developers reference.

> I am now able to build shfmt with all the dependencies, using (and
> sbuild):
> | gbp buildpackage --git-ignore-new --extra-package=../golang-github-google-renameio-dev_2.0.0-1_all.deb
>
> But there is a test that does not pass and I am a bit stuck (surely
> because I don't understand how `go test` works :)).
> | [...]
> How would you debug such problem?

I'd go ahead an check the code, and probably the log says something more than
you pasted here. Can you push shfmt somewhere? Otherwise it becomes difficult to check.

> If I run the following, it works (but obviously, there is a v3 that I do
> not understand...):
> | ❯ cd syntax && go test
> | PASS
> | ok  	mvdan.cc/sh/v3/syntax	1.345s

Yeah, so this is a problem at our end rather than upstream.
N number of possibilities, differing versions, something with the test execution,
build environment, compiler versions, so on. If you could push, we can go from there.

Regards,