Re: The CI issue (was Re: Request push access on Salsa)

Hi Faust,

On Mon, 18 Oct, 2021, 9:43 pm Faustin Lammler, <faustin@fala.red> wrote:
> To put it in a nutshell: we have a very special setup that allows us
> to prevent any regression (efficiently) with all go packages currently
> on the archive. But this setup requires a dedicated machine. That's
> why we can't use the SalsaCI shared runners. (at least for the moment)
This is the part that I do not understand sufficiently well I guess.

If I remember this properly, I think the reason was go packages are very sensitive to version changes. As you might see in go.mod files as well, version numbers are pinned.

So it's not unlikely to break something when doing minor updates. -- I *think* this was the reason, but I don't trust my memory much :)
Aloïs could shed some more light on this.

Also, the fact that the go team should provide personal runners seems a
bit strange to me and I am wondering why those can not be provided by
Debian infra... But again, I am maybe lacking information here.

I guess Aloïs planned asking DSA (Debian system administrator) for Debian infra in long run, so your thinking is right, that's actually the plan in long run.