Re: The CI issue (was Re: Request push access on Salsa)

Hi!

Aloïs Micard <creekorful@debian.org>,
18/10/2021 – 17:26:27 (+0200):

> Please see the page dedicated to our CI setup [1] for more details,
> everything is explained.
I did it but see bellow.

> To put it in a nutshell: we have a very special setup that allows us
> to prevent any regression (efficiently) with all go packages currently
> on the archive. But this setup requires a dedicated machine. That's
> why we can't use the SalsaCI shared runners. (at least for the moment)
This is the part that I do not understand sufficiently well I guess.

Also, the fact that the go team should provide personal runners seems a
bit strange to me and I am wondering why those can not be provided by
Debian infra... But again, I am maybe lacking information here.

> Please feel free to raise an issue on the repository to discuss these :)
Sure! So far deployment works well except for a small pb that this [1]
should resolve ;)

> Also please note that the docker privileged mode is needed because we
> create an overlay in /cache/overlay/ to discard writes to /srv/gopath/src
> after the build is done.
Yep I saw that. That's why there might be other alternative (from VM to
using podman). But I'll take a deeper look in the next days because I
have nothing intelligent to propose for the moment.

> Thanks for the offer! The last struggle point is to reduce the build time.
> I'm currently profiling the build-tools to reduce the bottleneck as much as
> possible. I have some ideas in mind but little time lately to deal with it.
>
> We can discuss these issue on IRC if you want to brainstorm!
Yep let's catch on IRC in the next days.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/infra/provisioning/-/merge_requests/1

Faust