Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Ok and lintian looks better than I thought :)

| ~/shfmt_deb/golang-github-pkg-diff debian/sid 42s
| ❯ lintian
| W: golang-github-pkg-diff-dev: initial-upload-closes-no-bugs
| W: golang-github-pkg-diff source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 0.0~git20200914.5b29258-1

So I guess next steps are:
- open the wnpp bug report (first linian W.);

Exactly. When running dh-make-golang it will produce an
itp-*.txt file that you need to send (using sendmail for example).

ITP are used to indicate your intention of packaging an app/library and thus
prevent duplicate work.

After that you'll need to add a (Closes: #nnnn) entry to the debian/changelog
where nnnn is the ITP bug number.

- maybe ask upstream for correct a version number or tag (second lintian
   W.);

This error `source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number` [1] indicates that lintian
think you are doing a NMU (non-maintainer upload) [2]. But it shouldn't be the case here.

Your package version (0.0~git20200914.5b29258-1) is correct, the problem may
be that the Uploaders entry in debian/control is either empty or does not match the
email used in debian/changelog file.

Have you set the DEBEMAIL / DEBFULLNAME env variables? They are used by packaging tools
to find who you are. If not I suggest you read theses links for more informations [3][4].

- ask for review.

Exactly, once your packaging is pushed to Salsa (git push && git push --tags / gbp push) you can
either send an email to the team or maybe to the debian-mentors mailing list.

Cheers,

[1]: https://lintian.debian.org/tags/maintainer-upload-has-incorrect-version-number.html
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/NonMaintainerUpload
[3]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/ch03.en.html
[4]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/tools.html

--
Aloïs Micard (creekorful) <alois@micard.lu>

GPG: DA4A A436 9BFA E299 67CD E85B F733 E871 0859 FCD2