Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hello!

It's not very clear to me how to proceed, should I package first those
libraries, following the naming convention from
https://go-team.pages.debian.net/packaging.html#_naming_conventions_2
and then add them to the debian/control Build-Depends to finally build
shfmt program or is there another way?

Your assumptions are right! Debian has a "dependency-first" policy
meaning that you should first take care of each missing dependencies
before packaging your program.

What you'll need to do is identified the missing dependencies (check output log
of dh-make-golang or git-pbuilder when trying to build the package)
and use dh-make-golang to package them.

Once your packaging is done you'll need to upload it to Salsa (gbp push)
and ask someone of the team to review it & upload it on behalf of you (sponsoring).

Once all dependencies are uploaded you can proceed with the program :)

Side note: there are a bunch of 404 urls in
https://go-team.pages.debian.net, what's the best way to report/help to
fix them?

The website is a Git repository located on Salsa:
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/go-team.pages.debian.net

you can open a PR here and ask for review.

Cheers!

--
Aloïs Micard (creekorful) <alois@micard.lu>

GPG: DA4A A436 9BFA E299 67CD E85B F733 E871 0859 FCD2