Re: Issues with trying to build Debian x32 gcc with multilib support

On 15.10.2012 19:50, Daniel Schepler wrote:> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM,
Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:
>>> I guess we'd need to coordinate this with adding x32 builds to eglibc
>>> 2.16 experimental...  I also have preliminary patches for that, of
>>> course.
>>
>> could you send these as well, and maybe coordinate the integration of these with
>> Adam Conrad?
>>
>> Also, if there are binary eglibc packages, it would be nice to put these
>> somewhere for download.
>>
>> which kernel header version is needed as a minimum version?
>
> OK, I'll upload my latest binary packages of glibc 2.16+dfsg-0+x32+4
> and gcc-4.7 4.7.1-7+x32+1 to people.debian.org this evening, once I
> get back to my home machine which has the ssh key I need.
>
> I set the minimum kernel header version to 3.4.0 in my eglibc build,
> since that's when x32 support was integrated upstream.  I might upload
> my kernel build of linux_3.4.4-1~experimental.1+x32 as well (yes, I
> know that's fairly well out of date too), since as far as I know the
> experimental kernel packages haven't enabled CONFIG_X86_X32.

the gcc-4.7 packaging is now updated to build x32 packages. Please could you
post your eglibc changes, either as a new patch, or as an attachment to 667023?

Thanks, Matthias