Re: Issues with trying to build Debian x32 gcc with multilib support

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:
> On 12.10.2012 20:44, Daniel Schepler wrote:
>> I did the changes to add libx32gcc1 et al on amd64 and i386, and build
>> lib64* and lib32* on x32; but I haven't updated the changes since
>> 4.7.1-7.  I'm attaching the debdiff for 4.7.1-7 to my local
>> 4.7.1-7+x32+1 version for now.  If you want, I'd be happy to look at
>> forward porting the changes (and hopefully reducing the hard-coding in
>> the amd64/i386/x32 triarch config, if you have suggestions on how to
>> do that).  Just let me know where to check things out.
>>
>> I guess we'd need to coordinate this with adding x32 builds to eglibc
>> 2.16 experimental...  I also have preliminary patches for that, of
>> course.
>
> could you send these as well, and maybe coordinate the integration of these with
> Adam Conrad?

OK, I've now found
svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-glibc/glibc-package/branches/eglibc-2.16/debian
which should provide a good base for integrating my eglibc changes for
x32 support.  What exactly should I be using as the orig.tar.xz files
to put this on top of for my merge?

Also, on a technical note, I'll need to apply a patch that fixes glibc
BZ#14562 (assuming it's not already applied otherwise).  It seems to
be more important on x32 than on other builds/architectures, but it's
not formulated as an x32-specific fix.  The fix was already committed
in glibc git a couple weeks ago, so it's probably migrated into eglibc
CVS by now.  So what would I name this patch, and what formatting
guidelines would I need to adhere to for the patch file itself?

This merge might take a couple days, depending on how smoothly it
goes.  So, I'm going to try to upload the following to
people.debian.org this evening:
* kernel packages (somewhat outdated) built with CONFIG_X86_X32=y
* gcc-4.7packages (also somewhat outdated)
* libc packages based on the glibc 2.16 release and eglibc 2.13-34
packaging with most Debian patches stripped out.
--
Daniel Schepler