Re: [parisc-linux] J5600 Video

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 04:21:56PM -0500, Michael Greene wrote:
> I have my old J5600 recompiled and running with 2.6.19.1 kernel. I put
> an old Voodoo3 2000 rev 1 in the secondary pci slot and it is recognized
> by the system (not compiled in the kernel just lspci).  Is there any
> trick to getting it to work with linux in the J5600 before I waste time
> trying?

I haven't the foggiest clue why you thought debian-glibc would care...

It should be a simple matter of turning on the 3dfx voodoo framebuffer
driver and console on framebuffer support. Point X to use fbdev, instead
of tdfx, which will likely fail spectacularly. Use fbset to change
the framebuffer parameters and make sure your X.org conf matches.