Re: [parisc-linux] J5600 Video

On 07/02/07, Michael Greene <listsnews@cox.net> wrote:
I have my old J5600 recompiled and running with 2.6.19.1 kernel. I put
an old Voodoo3 2000 rev 1 in the secondary pci slot and it is recognized
by the system (not compiled in the kernel just lspci).  Is there any
trick to getting it to work with linux in the J5600 before I waste time
trying?

At one time I was trying to use a Voodoo3 3000 in a C3000, but I was
unsuccessful (linux fb wouldn't initialise/turn on the display, and
the native XFree86 driver would crash the machine).
That was about 2 years ago I think, and some things have changed since
then ... you might even be successful today. Just try and find out :-)

   Max