Re: Toolchain TLS support

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 02:25:18PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 8/27/06, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org> wrote:
> >What are exactly the "serious bugs" currently with the NPTL version?
>
> If I knew I would fix them. As Jeff says, there are serious testsuite
> failures. We are debugging them as fast as possible given the
> volunteer nature of our effort.

Ok I see. I actually asked that, because the testsuite was still running
when I sent my mail. Now it is finished, and I have see the errors in
the testsuite :( Thanks a lot for you hard work on the hppa glibc.

As said in my previous mail I have nevertheless uploaded the resulting
.deb files on http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/glibc-hppa/ .

> >Given the bugs on the NPTL version, I will then try to build a TLS +
> >Linuxthreads version.
>
> That should work, modulo regressions introduced by a new compiler.

My first build failed, because of an old patch still applied. I have just
started a build, I will keep you informed of the results.

Bye,
Aurelien