Re: timezone data packaged separately and in volatile?

* Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@gmail.com) [060207 14:09]:
> ISTM the d-volatile is the right place for this. However, in the mean
> time I think someone should send a message to debian-announce that
> anyone running a debian machine with an Australian (or other affected)
> timezone needs to get updated zone files from $location.

Well, if we *have* files at $location that can be used for this, and
that allow updates to etch, these files can directly be put into
volatile. The round-trip time for such an update is less than 24 hours,
if all relevant people (in this case: the glibc people) agree on how to
do it.

Cheers,
Andi
--