Re: Good results with libc6 snapshot

Art Haas wrote:
I'm running from Debian unstable, and the kernel is 2.6.11+ as I build
from the BK sources. I'll be running the current BK in a few minutes
once the build completes.

Insane... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

We're running 2.6.10 compiled on gcc-3.3.5.  Does the version of GCC make a difference?

Is there a glibc dependency I need to install?

I just booted off a boot CD on our broken machine (broken because the glibc install killed it) and then mounted the partitions, ran chroot, and then tried the package install again.

Of course this time it worked FINE but it was off a Knoppix CD (don't laugh).  Then when I rebooted it would kernel panic again.

Is there some additional packages I need to run this?

The packages just ended up killing my debian machine :-/

# dpkg -i libc*.deb locales*.deb glibc-doc*.deb

Things worked without a hitch.

Hm.   I tried that and it didn't work .   Same problems on reboot.

Anyone have any ideas?  At this point I'm pretty much willing to try anything!

get a free iPod!