Re: libc6-dbg

Selon Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:53:54PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:32:34 +0200 (CEST),
> > Fabien Carrion wrote:
> > > I got a little suggestion for the package libc6-dbg. I used it for a
> > > little while, and the principal limitation is that we can't debug
> inside
> > > the macros. So I would like to know if you planed to do an another
> package
> > > with the debugging symbols for the macros, I mean the gcc's options :
> > > - -gdwarf-2 -g3
> >
> > It's good idea for me.  I don't know we can use DWARF2 level3 on all
> > architectures, though.
> >
> > Daniel, how about adding this option?  If it's easy to add simply this
> > option, I welcome to use it.
>
> Sorry, I missed this message.
>
> It's easy to add.  It will work on all platforms.  However:
> (A) it will be a huge increase in disk space
> (B) is that really what the submitter needs?  Probably they want to
> debug the macros in their source rather than in glibc's source...
> If you need to debug that deep into glibc, you probably want to rebuild
> it yourself anyway.

Hi every body,

I really need this feature, I want to debug in the libc macro. I don t know if
there is a need to do a special package. Basically I just tried to compile my
one package, but each time, it takes ages, and it never finished the
compilation, because there was no space left on the disk. I bet it does not
compile only one package, but various packages for various architectures. So
if there is no package made, I would like to have a link on a documentation on
how to compile properly the libc6 package on a debian...

--
Fabien Carrion