Re: libc6-dbg

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:53:54PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:32:34 +0200 (CEST),
> Fabien Carrion wrote:
> > I got a little suggestion for the package libc6-dbg. I used it for a
> > little while, and the principal limitation is that we can't debug inside
> > the macros. So I would like to know if you planed to do an another package
> > with the debugging symbols for the macros, I mean the gcc's options :
> > - -gdwarf-2 -g3
>
> It's good idea for me.  I don't know we can use DWARF2 level3 on all
> architectures, though.
>
> Daniel, how about adding this option?  If it's easy to add simply this
> option, I welcome to use it.

Sorry, I missed this message.

It's easy to add.  It will work on all platforms.  However:
(A) it will be a huge increase in disk space
(B) is that really what the submitter needs?  Probably they want to
debug the macros in their source rather than in glibc's source...
If you need to debug that deep into glibc, you probably want to rebuild
it yourself anyway.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz