libc on ppc64

Hi!

I'm currently trying to install debian on a ibm p-series. Since it only boots
with a 64-bit kernel, it is a good thing to have a 64-bit version of the glibc
laying around. The toolchain is set up, so I've some binutils and gcc compiled
and built as a debian package that would create 64 bit code.

Is there a "suggested" way to walk or anything I've to pay attention to when
building the libc package so that it could be installed in addition to the
existing 32-bit one?

Thanks,
Cajus