Re: [locales] Solving the "debconf is not a registry" issue

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:06:00AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
[...]
> > > ex)
> > > 	char=`tail -1 /etc/locale.gen`
> > > 	if [ -n "$char" ]; then
> > > 		echo
> > > 	fi
> >
> > No, an EOL has to be added if last line is not empty but does not contain
> > an EOL.
>
> Hmm, why?
>
> At least I think it's fine compared with an empty line is inserted one
> by one.  Or am I missing?

No, that's me, I misunderstood your test.
But your solution will also add an empty line one by one, we need a flag
to insert it only once, here is a patch.

[...]
> So I think my proposal is fine to present the locale name and its
> language readable name at the same time.  User does not need to refer
> the another document.

Then please implement it, but do not generate the list automatically,
otherwise translating will be impossible.

BTW I forgot to ask you to run debconf-updatepo in debian/po/ in order
to update PO files.

Denis