Re: libc6 dependencies

commence  NOVAES,REYNALDO (HP-Brazil,ex1) quotation:

> My problem is I'm trying to install the package libc6  but it reports a
> dependency error during installation. The packager manager tells that it
> depends on another package called "libdb1-compat". But when I tried to
> install the libdb1-compat package the manager told me it depends on libc6
> package !?!  Is there any way to install these packages?

When packages are mutually dependent, it means that one should not be
installed without the other.  apt-get should handle this situation
automatically.  If for some reason you are using dpkg directly, simply
give it both .deb files in a single invocation, e.g.:

  dpkg -i libc6_2.3.1-9_hppa.deb libdb1-compat_2.1.3-7_hppa.deb

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;