Re: libc6 dependencies

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 03:40:24PM -0500, NOVAES,REYNALDO (HP-Brazil,ex1) wrote:

> My problem is I'm trying to install the package libc6  but it reports a
> dependency error during installation. The packager manager tells that it
> depends on another package called "libdb1-compat". But when I tried to
> install the libdb1-compat package the manager told me it depends on libc6
> package !?!  Is there any way to install these packages?

> libc6 package: libc6_2.3.1-9_hppa.deb
> libdb1-compat package: libdb1-compat_2.1.3-7_hppa.deb

These lines imply that you downloaded them by hand and are trying to
install manually.  The best way to solve this problem is to just use
apt-get.  The second best way is to use 'dpkg -i libc6_2.3.1-9_hppa.deb
libdb1-compat_2.1.3-7_hppa.deb'.

If this solves your problem, you may want to spend a bit of time reading
the 'apt-get' and 'dpkg' man pages.  Those should have this and other
really important information for you.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey