Sucess/problems with libc6-i686

I've been playing with building and using the libc6-i686 package
recently, mainly to help track down a Red Hat bug.

A few little problems I noticed:

 - I think the .postinst is really supposed to be the .postrm

 - libc6-i686 contains /lib/ld-linux.so.2, which conflicts with
   libc6.  Simply removing this file from the packge make it work.

 - The default CFLAGS is "-O99 -fomit-frame-pointer
   -D__USE_STRING_INLINES".  I'm not sure if this is upstream's
   idea of a joke or what, but it causes massive instability in
   pthreads.  "-O2" works fine.  "-O3" causes subtle problems that
   I've been seeing in Red Hat 8.0's package.  (Corruption in
   pthread's data structures.)

After fixing those, it seems to be rather stable.

I wish I could say that I see massive performance improvements, but
I don't.

dave...