Re: glibc-2.3.1 release

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 10:52:24PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> At Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:00:40 -0700,
> Jeff Bailey wrote:
> > I will hopefully be hacking some of our build code, though.
> > Cross-compile cases seem to be broken right now, which limits my
> > ability to test hurd-i386.  Also that might give me a chance to fix
> > the error report I saw about installing libc6-686.
>
> libc6-586/686 is still broken, so I'm fixing it (but I'm fighting my
> HDD RAID because it's crashed). The problem is 'ld-linux.so.2' does
> not put on 586/686 directory. In addition, adding like
>
> 	ln -sf /lib/686/ld-linux.so.2 /lib
>
> is needed for postinst/prerm. After fix, I think i386 architecture is
> ready to release 2.3.1-1 deb package :)

Oh, fuck no. Do not do that. There's nothing much to be gained. What
could possibly be the problem with this? The whole reason I added the
/etc/ld.so.nohwcap is so we didn't need to mess with the dynamic linker
symlink. It's asking for trouble, believe me.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/