glibc-2.3.1 release

Glibc 2.3.1 has been released, but I'm not yet updating our package to
it.  My thought was that I'll wait until after the weekend (It's
Thanksgiving this weekend, so that's Monday night) and do the update,
as well as a CVS pull.  Hopefully more of the HPPA patches will be in
and so will the MIPS one.

I will hopefully be hacking some of our build code, though.
Cross-compile cases seem to be broken right now, which limits my
ability to test hurd-i386.  Also that might give me a chance to fix
the error report I saw about installing libc6-686.

I also want to fix it so that we can build packages right from the CVS
directory.

Are there other build related things that people want to see hacked
on?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)