Re: glibc-2.3.1 release

At Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:00:40 -0700,
Jeff Bailey wrote:
> I will hopefully be hacking some of our build code, though.
> Cross-compile cases seem to be broken right now, which limits my
> ability to test hurd-i386.  Also that might give me a chance to fix
> the error report I saw about installing libc6-686.

libc6-586/686 is still broken, so I'm fixing it (but I'm fighting my
HDD RAID because it's crashed). The problem is 'ld-linux.so.2' does
not put on 586/686 directory. In addition, adding like

	ln -sf /lib/686/ld-linux.so.2 /lib

is needed for postinst/prerm. After fix, I think i386 architecture is
ready to release 2.3.1-1 deb package :)

-- gotom