Re: Glibc on BSD?

Jeff Bailey wrote:
On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:59:19AM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
Hmm. Might as well add to the control file. It looks like
freebsd-i386 will probably go with glibc.
Is there a FreeBSD box that I can get access to for some quick tests?
It would just save me the trouble of asking you really simple
questions like 'what's the GNU triple for freebsd'.

I don't really have a box I can get you into. Things are a bit chaotic at the moment. :-(

The GNU triple is different between FreeBSD with glibc and without. Without glibc, it's "i386-unknown-freebsdX.Y" (X.Y=4.6 currently.) With glibc, it ought to be i386-unknown-freebsd-gnu, or i386-unknown-freebsdX.Y-gnu.

Maybe it'd be better to wait until I get some patches together. (Might be a while.)

	---Nathan