Re: db1-compat

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:16:45AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm almost ready to upload db1-compat
> (http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/db1-compat/): I talked to BenC on
> IRC last night and he helped me get it as ABI-compatible as possible,
> and I've now run our test suite at work over it and had everything pass.
> There are still a couple of things I'd like to check.
>
>   * It has been suggested that libc should depend on libdb1-compat to
>     ensure a clean transition. Do you think this is a good idea? (I
>     don't really have an opinion either way; I mostly just care that the
>     compatibility library is available.) It will obviously affect
>     libdb1-compat's Priority: field.

Yes. Once it is in the archive, we'll change libc to depend on it.

>   * Is there going to need to be transition code in libc's postinst
>     similar to that for libdb.so.3? I suspect not, but want to check.

No. The reason for that is a little more complex. A lot of core things
depended on libdb.so.3, so it had to always be available (perl was
linked against it for one).

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/