Re: State of ECW support in Debian gdal?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Yes. Just like when you need OCI support in qgis.
>
> We won't be maintaining any support for proprietary drivers.

I know. Unfortunately our customers tend to use ecw for data size reasons.

Is there a free format with a comparable compression ratio than ecw or
mrsid?

Sven

--
"If you don't make lower-resolution mapping data publicly available,
there will be people with their cars and GPS devices, driving around