Re: Packaging lerc

Dear Sebastiaan,

Il 02/11/21 09:35, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
With the recent changes the package is almost ready for upload.

The summary of liblerc-dev is not that great, the package name already makes it clear that it's the -dev package. Using something like:

  Limited Error Raster Compression library (Development files)

would be better. Similarly for python3-lerc which could be improved to use something like:

  Python 3 bindings to the Limited Error Raster Compression library

See geographiclib for example.

done

With the SOVERSION patch applied upstream, the second patch might be forwardable as well. The first can be marked as Applied-Upstream.

Hardcoding the SONAME in _lerc.py is fragile, using the result of ctypes.util.find_library() should be better.

I agree, I already had in mind that improvement.
The new upstream patch is at https://github.com/Esri/lerc/pull/190.

To improve the readability of the rules the overrides should be ordered to match the execution:

  override_dh_auto_clean
  override_dh_auto_configure
  override_dh_auto_build
  override_dh_auto_test
  override_dh_auto_install
  override_dh_makeshlibs

done.

Thanks a lot.
I have just pushed all requested changes.

kind regards
--
Antonio Valentino