Re: PROJ 8.1.1

On 9/4/21 7:42 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> PROJ 8.1.1 has been released, high time to prepare the proj transition.
>
> Since the 8.0.0 several packages got updated to include support for
> proj.h, but some still don't have to this day.
>
> The rebuilds with 8.1.1 identified new issues in merkaartor,
> octave-octoproj, and qmapshack which have been fixed in the mean time.
>
> The bugreports can be found via the proj-8.0 & proj-8.1 usertags:
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-gis@lists.debian.org&tag=proj-8.0&tag=proj-8.1
>
> cartopy recently had support for PROJ 8 committed via pyproj, hopefully
> the 0.20 release will be soon so the package won't be RC-buggy for a
> long time.

We finally got the go-ahead for the proj transition, so proj (8.1.1-1)
and python-cartopy (0.20.1+dfsg-1) have been uploaded to unstable.

The severity of the remaining bugreports has been raised to serious
which will trigger autoremoval from testing.

For this now only affects sosi2osm (#983224).

PROJ 8.2.0 is scheduled for release in a few weeks, it hasn't bumped the
SONAME yet, so if that remains unchanged we should be able to get that
into unstable pretty soon too.