Re: ruby-netcdf & ruby-hdfeos5 need work for Ruby 3.0

Hi,

Thanks for mention. I'm working on it.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 00:44:12 +0900,
Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Do you still use ruby-netcdf & ruby-hdfeos5?

Yes.

> They have RC bugs caused by
> the upcoming transition to Ruby 3.0:
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/996291 (ruby-hdfeos5)
>  https://bugs.debian.org/996324 (ruby-netcdf)
>
> Neither of these have seen any recent upstream releases, nor
> ruby-narray-miss for that matter, and cannot be considered healthy projects.

(...BTW, I'm also the upstream maintainers of both projects.
Excuse us for elayed reaction/release. Yes I know, we are not healthy because
we have so many other tedious things to do...)

Anyway,

> If you are still using them, can you work on fixing the ruby 3.0 support
> in these packages?

Yes, please wait a moment. I'll update these packages ASAP.

> ruby-narray-miss doesn't have an RC bug at the moment, but it seems
> unlikely that supports Ruby 3.0 without any changes. While it also has a
> very low popcon score like the other two, it has a few more rdeps that
> complicate its removal.

This package is required for handling NetCDF's "missing values" feature in Ruby.
I'll also check this package ASAP.

Best Wishes,
Youhei

--