Re: Newbie questions on packaging opencpn

On 9/17/18 7:30 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:
> On 17/09/18 18:57, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 9/8/18 9:23 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>

>>> Please do defend the need for the CRLF changes in more detail. Which
>>> editor do you use for example? Vim preserves the line endings of the
>>> file and does not need these CRLF changes. git doesn't care about line
>>> endings either, it will just commit what you give it.
>>
>> Still waiting on your explanation why the CRLF changes are needed.
>> Before this issue is resolved, I will not sponsor the upload.
>
> Well, that means I need to investigate what happens if I follow this
> path - my gut feeling  obviously doesn't make it. I just havn't done
> anything like this, and need to verify what happens  Doable, but takes
> time (and some toll on my motivation).

Why did you implement the CRLF changes in the first place? Do you have
past experience where CRLF in sources broke something?

> But you are the reviewer, and you insist. Let's see what I can do; stay
> tuned.
>
> I presume that there are no other remarks on the package.

The other issues have been resolved in the mean time. Thanks for your
work on that.

> Cheers!
> --alec.
>

> PS This is a great demonstration of the drawbacks using in-tree
> packaging. This is a non-issue in all other packaging schemes I have met  DS

Is it? I'm not aware of any situation where CRLF is a problem. Not in
the RPM world, nor the source based distributions. Hence my curiosity
why you implemented this change, there has been no proven need for it.