Re: Newbie questions on packaging opencpn

On 8/23/18 11:00 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:

> On 23/08/18 21:16, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 8/23/18 9:08 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>>>
>>> OK. For now, what does "keep it here" mean w r t what I write in the
>>> d/control   Maintainer field?
>>
>> Leave it as it is in git, but do replace the old uploaders with yourself:
>>
>>  https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/opencpn/blob/master/debian/control
>>
>> Make sure that your work is built on top of this repository.
>
> OK, we need to take things from the beginning. I'm lost.
>
>  - I have so far used the mentors process to get packages uploaded.
>    Hence, no uploaders: filed. Are you willing to review and upload    i
>    instead ?

Yes, I'm the primary sponsor in this team. There is also Andreas Tille, see:

 https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

>  - If the package should be in the salsa repos, how does it end up
>    there?

You request membership of the team in Salsa:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/policy/index.html#membership

Then you rebase your local work on top of the new remote, and push your
work back to Salsa.

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/policy/packaging.html#git-packaging