Re: Packaging the mapcode utility

On 11/03/2016 12:50 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 20:18:47 CET Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 11/02/2016 07:48 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>>> I intend [1] to package the mapcode utility and Bas Couwenberg suggested
>>> that I do this in the Debian GIS team. I have applied to the alioth
>>> project, too.
>> And your application has been accepted.
>
> Thanks. Nice docs, BTW.

Thanks, it's built on top of the shoulders of giants (Debian Med &
Debian Perl).

>> I'll add mapcode to one or more of the Debian GIS Blend tasks.
>
> I saw that you have done this already. Will this cause problems until mapcode
> gets out of NEW?

No, the metapackages haven't been built yet and when they are, packages
that aren't available in testing/main will automatically be demoted to
Suggests.

The Blends website is fed from the git repositories so mapcode will soon
show up here:

 https://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/workstation#mapcode

It will be marked as available in NEW accordingly, see geoapi for
example which is in NEW for three months now:

 https://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/devel#new-debs