SAGA 2.2.7

Hi Johan,

On 04/27/2016 12:50 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> In the mean time, there has been yet another release 2.2.7 which I
> packaged now. Can you review and sponsor (as it will have to pass
> through new).

We'll need to add a 22x22 icon for compliance with Debian Policy 3.9.8
[0][1], my initial hicolor icon changes does not include that size.

The no-symbols-control-file lintian issues also remain. Using
pkgkde-symbolsbhelper is an option for C++ libraries, or add a lintian
override for these because the library package names change along with
the SONAME at every new upstream release.

The separate library packages also make the saga-depends executable
obsolete, and can be removed.

The addition of GPL-3+ code is problematic, because the bulk of SAGA is
distributed under the GPL-2 (v2 only) which is incompatible with the
GPL-3+. [2] This caused a rejection of QGIS in the past. [3] The GPL-3+
code needs to be relicensed upstream to GPL-2+ to be compatible with the
GPL-2 code in SAGA.

I've pushed some changes for the above, except the license issue. I've
raised the issue your upstream bugreport [4], a new issue may be more
appropriate. What do you think?

[0]
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.html#s-3.9.8.0
[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-menus