Re: QGIS 2.14 & Qt5

Hi Sebastiaan,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:10:09PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> There is also an issue with the uid widget-plugins installation path,
> the configuration differs between PyQt4 & PyQt5, the default_mod_dir for
> Qt4 is /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4, for Qt5 it's
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages without the expected PyQt5 subdirectory.

It is not a bug. The difference is that FindPyQt[45].py first try to use
pyqtconfig, and if that fails, falls back to sipconfig.

But in PyQt5 there is no pyqtconfig module, see:
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/pyqt4_differences.html#pyqtconfig-module

So with PyQt4 pyqtconfig is used, and with PyQt5 sipconfig is used.

> I'm not sure whether this is a bug. The easy fix is to just append the
> PyQt5 subdirectory in FindPyQt5.py, but I'm in doubt if it's appropriate
> for other distributions too.

Appending PyQt5 should be safe (for other distributions too).
PyQt5's own buildsystem does that:

configure.py:2457        install_path = target_config.pyqt_module_dir + '/PyQt5'

Alternatively, you can try this to get the path:

>>> import PyQt5
>>> PyQt5.__path__[0]
'/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5'

--
Dmitry Shachnev