Re: QGIS 2.14 & Qt5

Hi

On 03/11/2016 06:00 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> On 11-03-16 16:01, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 05:13:37PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> The first build of 2.14 with Qt5 failed due to errors in the
>>> spatialite provider ('DetachFromResultSet' is not a member of
>>> 'QSqlResult'), this looks like an incompatibility with
>>> libqt5sql5(-sqlite).
>> That's https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/commit/?id=fc15a1d5e2cb064d.
>>
>> You may steal the changes to qsql_sqlite.{cpp,h} from that commit and
>> apply them to your qsql_spatialite.{cpp,h} files — they are very small.
> It looks like that switches to the new Qt5 method losing backwards
> compatibility with Qt4. Since QGIS 2.16 will support dual Qt4/Qt5, we
> should ifdef that to support both. For Debian we need that too for the
> backports which will keep using Qt4 in jessie, otherwise we'll need a
> bunch of Qt5 backports.
Hmm... I wonder why I didn't run into that. I have built several Qt5
builds already (it's in our continuous integration setup for the last
couple of hours even) and I didn't run into that. Maybe because of some
different cmake flags...

If you have any compatibility patches, please make a pull request, I'll
be happy to merge them. I've already included some #ifdef's and I don't
mind adding some more.

>>> The second build failed due to errors in the globe plugin because
>>> it doesn't have /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtOpenGL in its
>>> include path for QGLWidget, the Globe plugin has likewise been
>>> disabled. The third build failed due to errors in QGIS server because
>>> QtNetwork/QFtp is no longer available in Qt5, also disabled for now.
>>> These changes allow the build to succeed with Qt5.
>> If we package https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtftp.git/, will it help you?
> I think it will help.
>
> I've added Matthias Kuhn to the CC who has been doing a lot of Qt5 work
> in QGIS upstream. I hope he can give a better answer what they need from
> Qt5 packagers.

I noticed the same and mentioned it here, but there has been no response
yet.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2896

I hope Alessandro Pasotti or Marco Hugentobler (in CC) who are more
involved and author of that code can shed some light here. We will have
to find a cross-platform method of fixing this code. So either we will
have to replace it with another functionality than QFtp or ship it
within our code.

I'm sorry, I didn't even know that QFtp was used in the server. I hope that Marco knows better if it's still necessary.

Let me know if I can help in some ways.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it