Re: Fwd: qgis is marked for autoremoval from testing

Hi all,

Il 01/02/2016 19:23, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
> Users of testing should expect the removal of qgis soon, and therefore
> the inability to install qgis from the testing repositories.
>
> Users of unstable should expect qgis to become uninstallable when
> libqtwebkit4 is actually removed. Before that will happen, the QtWebKit
> module will be removed from python-qt4 [0]. When that happens we can no
> longer build qgis until it can be switched to Qt5.
>
> [0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784514#55

AFAICU, if the migration of python-qt4 happens before the release of
2.14, sid and testing users will have no practical way of using qgis for
a long time.
IMHO this is a major problem for DebianGIS users. I'd be in favour of
finding an alternative solution.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu