Re: Removing OSRM from Debian

On 20-10-15 23:12, Jérémy Lal wrote:
>> It may or may not be a coincidence that these developers are employed by
>> Mapbox.
>>

> Also consider mapbox has been working hard to develop new software, and
> they still are changing a lot of (crazy) things around, so they are
> certainly not ready
> to commit to long-term support of this or that version of their modules.
> But i might be mistaken, or even worse, blinded ;)

The projects Mapbox endorses via its developer resources seem to suffer
from the fast paced start-up culture. TileMill showed much promise but
was quickly abandoned when corporate interested demanded a different
direction, that was very disappointing.

>> Christopher, do you want to keep maintaining osrm for the duration of
>> stable releases without upstream support? And what are your thoughts
>> about osrm packaging in Debian in general?
>>

> How about keeping packaging in testing / backports ?

How would we do that, only having the package in testing & backports?

And more importantly, who is going to maintain the osrm package in Debian?

Christopher nor I actually use the osrm package, and neither of us is
intimately involved in its maintenance or development. That makes
removing the package from Debian a quite reasonable option for me.