Re: Routino 3.0, libroutino, and QMapShack 1.3.1

Hi again,

On 14-09-15 00:52, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> libroutino doesn't use a SONAME currently which makes including it in
> Debian as-is problematic. We'll need to add a SONAME before we can
> consider Routino 3.0 for unstable, either directly in the simple
> Makefiles or deferring to libtool.
>
> I've contacted Andrew Bishop to inquire about his thoughts about the
> libroutino SONAME and possibly using libtool. If upstream can fix this
> in the near future we may not have to worry about it.

I'm in contact with Andrew to improve upon the soname patch I added for
the Debian package, the SONAME fix will be applied upstream in the near
future so we won't need to carry the patch long.

There is still an issue that needs to be resolved before the upload to
experimental. Some of the perl scripts executed during the build process
fail due to the changed path to the router executable by the web_path
patch. Ideally we have a situation where the scripts run successfully
using the relative paths as part of the build, and also after
installation using the (absolute) paths as installed.

I've disabled the web_path patch for now, but it needs to be re-enabled
in favour of patching update-profiles.pl and/or paths.pl to be smarter
about the different paths to the router executable between the build
environment and eventual installation.