Re: upgrade orfeotoolbox to 5.0

Hello Johan,

the ld error is from itk 4.6 which is the version in debian stable. We had a patch in ubunutgis for fixing it in itk. The patch is applied in latest stable release of ITK.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 04-09-15 00:32, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> I made some final changes and committed. Since otb relies on
>> libinsighttoolkit which currently does not install on unstable I would
>> target experimental. We can bring it to unstable (and testing) after
>> passing through the new queue.
>>
>> I can not sponsor, but someone else on the debian GIS list may do it.
>> I do recommend uploading to mentors anyway as it learns you some
>> things about uploading and the overview sometimes reveals additional
>> errors.
>> Since Andreas (cc) was involved earlier in packaging, he is probably
>> the best person to ask for sponsoring.
>
> Before considering otb ready for an upload even to experimental, there
> are still some issues to be dealt with.
>
> The changelog, copyright & watch file all handle the repacking with the
> +dfsg suffix, but the repacked tarball is not in the upstream nor
> pristine-tar branch, so no-one can generate the tarball from git. The
> 5.0.0+dfsg upstream release got hidden in the annotated tag. I've
> recreated the tag with `gbp import-orig` on a newly downloaded &
> repacked tarball.
Thanks, this was my error - these branches were not pushed and sit on
a crashed ssd.

Kind Regards,
Johan

--