uploading new rasterio version during transition

Like many other packages rasterio currently can not be built on sid
because of the libstdc++ transition.
But I'd like to add support for python3 (which means going through new).
I thought about creating a package for experimental (so updates to
unstable are possible without going through new).

Does it make sense to upload now or should I just wait a bit until the
package actually builds?

Slightly similar, I could also create a package with just a targeted
fix for #790549 (FTBS on i386, which I fixed upstream). Should I also
wait uploading that until it builds or should I prepare it already?

Kind Regards,
Johan