Re: Fwd: Schedule information for 211 - Debian GIS BoF

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:05 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
>> How to take such a decision is perhaps one of the most interesting
>> things to discuss. This applies equally to eg whether we should switch
>> to GRASS7. Without getting too bureaucratic, having a vote like many
>> OSGeo projects do may be a good way.

> I don't think we need to vote to make decisions in the Debian GIS team,
> it's more appropriate for the proposed incubation of UbuntuGIS with a
> PSC and all that.
>
> The Debian those who do the work get to make the decisions.
>
> There is generally ample opportunity to voice concerns in the related
> thread on the debian-gis list. If there is not, please start such a thread.

I agree for most cases. I do think that getting a vote eg should we
switch to gdal 7 will give a quicker feedback from other members of
the team/users.

For me it doesn't even have to be a binding thing.