Re: Backports for jessie

Some of the prospective backports got held up by the proj transition.

Now that osm2pgsql, qmapshack & qgis migrated to testing they've been
backported for jessie too.

Not included in my prospective backports was JOSM. I'd like to backport
it if possible and close #705548, but I doubt the feasibility.

The strict dependencies between jmapviewer, josm & josm-plugins are the
first issue, but not the most problematic.

JOSM 8159 bumped the minimum required libmetadata-extractor-java version
to 2.7.2, both will need to get out of experimental first to find their
way to testing.

JOSM 8279 changes the tile caching to use JCS which is not available in
Debian yet as mentioned in the thread about that:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/04/msg00029.html

I've not had much luck packaging JCS with the maven debian helper as
there seem to be a number of missing build dependencies. So getting JCS
packaged is going to take some time. Until we do, we won't be able to
keep up with the JOSM upstream.

Regarding the backports, the status is as follows.

On 05/03/2015 12:01 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>  geographiclib  (1.41-1)

Not backported yet, will wait for 1.42-1 to migrate.

>  gpsprune       (17.2-1)
>  mkgmap         (0.0.0+svn3552-1)
>  nco            (4.4.8-1)
>  ncview         (2.1.5+ds1-1)
>  openlayers     (2.13.1+ds2-1)
>  osmctools      (0.5-1)
>  osmium         (0.0~20150428-7f23002-1)
>  pktools        (2.6.3-1)
>  qlandkartegt   (1.8.1+ds-1)

The above were all accepted into jessie-backports on Tue, 05 May 2015.

>  pprepair       (0.0~20150323-6284890-1)
>  prepair        (0.7-2)
>  python-osmapi  (0.5.0-1)

These three were accepted into jessie-backports on Fri, 08 May 2015.

>  osm2pgsql      (0.87.3-3)
>  qgis           (2.8.1+dfsg1-1)
>  qmapshack      (1.2.2-1)

After being held up by the proj transitions these were backported today
and currently in NEW:

https://ftp-master.debian.org/backports-new.html

>  proj-rdnap     (2008-2)

Not backported yet, will wait for 2008-4 to migrate.

>  python-geojson (1.0.9-2)

Also not backported yet. Maybe combine with the other new python-*
packages: affine, cligj, descartes & owslib. The latter first needs to
move out of experimental.