Re: status of the opencpn PPA for inclusion in Debian

On Sat, 2015-03-21 at 21:18 -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:

> TLDR; 2.8 was deliberately removed from jessie and is being kept from
> entering back because it is unmaintained upstream. I guess the remaining
> question is why it's even still in sid. :)

<pabs> olly: how come wxwidgets2.8 is still in unstable?
<olly> pabs: a few things there still depend on it, though it's really
time they moved on or moved out

> From what I understand, it can easily be built against 3.0 already. It
> may even autodetect whatever is there already.

Auto-detect would be ideal for people doing back-porting.

> You said it brother, that is pretty much what I was thinking of. :)

Great :)

> Thanks for your feedback pabs!

No probs!

Thanks for OpenCPN.