Re: Osmium packages

On 03/17/2015 03:27 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:40:02PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 03/16/2015 10:11 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
>> libosmium should probably also install FindOsmium.cmake since that's
>> recommended in the "Using Libosmium in your own projects" documentation.
>>
>> https://github.com/osmcode/libosmium/wiki/Using-Libosmium-in-your-own-projects
>
> We'll also need FindOSMPBF.cmake in most cases. On the other hand this should
> maybe live in the libosmpbf-dev package and be installed from there. Not sure
> whats right here.

Yes, FindOSMPBF.cmake should be preferably be included in libosmpbf-dev.

Adding a cmake directory to the osmpbf source and installing
FindOSMPBF.cmake in /usr/share/libosmpbf-dev/cmake/ could suffice.

The osmpbf specific cmake module path needs to be added to the
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH in FindOsmium.cmake then.

Or osmpbf can install its cmake file to /usr/share/cmake-X.Y/Modules/ to
have it in the CMAKE_MODULES_PATH by default.

CMake upstream includes many Find modules in the cmake-modules package,
it may make sense to upstream the Find{OSMPBF,Osmium}.cmake files for
inclusion in cmake-modules.