Re: Packaging GRASS 7

On 02/21/2015 03:24 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
>>> I am just speaking about package naming which is apparently wrong on Launchpad.
>>
>> No, for your upstream needs this is fine.
>
> I am still not sure about that. I think better would to rename at least
>
> (stable)
>
> grass70 -> grass7
>
> (devel)
>
> grass70 - grass7
> grass71 - grass7-trunk
>
> Does it make sense to you? Otherwise will ends with grass70, grass71,
> grass72, grass73, ...

It's a matter of taste. Since you also need to keep OSGeo4W in mind
which we in Debian don't, the 7(-trunk) packages are an option too.

It mostly depends on how you want to reflect your version lineages in
the source packages, if at all.

The current PPA source packages are quite clear which version of GRASS
they contain, but they do require adjustment every time a new minor
version starts development.