Re: Packaging GRASS 7

On 02/21/2015 02:58 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> btw, I would suggest to keep current naming convention for executables
>> - `grass$major$minor`. It's used in official GRASS documentation.
>
> btw, in debian files there is still old local copy of startup script
> [1]. I would suggest to remove it and fix rules file accordingly [2].

I've adopted your change in the official Debian package too, see:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/commit/?h=experimental&id=6940e3f9036083500f813bebfa55541f8af45f34

I've also dropped the /usr/bin/grass symlink to allow co-installation of
grass & grass71 packages.

You probably want to adopt part of these changes in GRASS upstream too.

Ideally the packaging in the grass source package available in the
Debian GIS git repository is identical to the grass70 source package
available on Launchpad with the only difference being the package names.