Re: Fwd: [otb] 01/01: Update debian/copyright

Hi Rashad,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 06:12:10PM +0100, Rashad M wrote:
> Is the problem with inclusion of bundled libraries in the source tree even
> if they are not used Or actually using them when building package?
>
> You turn on some cmake flags to use libraries installed in your system if
> you have a package. Look for cmake option OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_
>
> grep on CMakeCache.txt gives
>
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_BOOST:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_EXPAT:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_GDAL:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_ITK:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_LIBKML:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_MUPARSER:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_MUPARSERX:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_OPENTHREADS:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_OSSIM:BOOL=ON
> OTB_USE_EXTERNAL_TINYXML:BOOL=ON
>

> I guess DebianGIS had a copy of OTB source in pkg-grass repo which make
> things easy.  Just enable the cmake option for these libs and remove them
> from OTB/Utilities/

Cool!  For those who want to work on the packaging I'd recommend
stripping the code via Files-Excluded in d/copyright from the source
package tarball.  On one hand this makes really sure that it is not used
in the end.  On the other hand this saves you a lot of time to maintain
licenses in d/copyright since all that is shipped needs to be
documented.

> However certain libraries have exceptions: 6S, EDISON, SVM

May be at a (way) later point in time it might make sense to also
package these separately - but I personally have no idea about these.

Kind regards and thanks for the good news

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de